Friday, 12 September 2014

My Co-op experience at City of Toronto

I did my Co-op at City of Toronto Marketing, Advertising and Sponsorship Department. Working for the City expanded my view of marketing and what marketers do. I worked on designing marketing and sponsorship proposals, print and electronic media marketing campaigns and social network marketing projects. Some of my duties were working on sponsorship value impression reports, contracts and naming right agreements with sponsors and stakeholders. I learned how sponsorship is structured from the beginning of a process to signing a contract.

During my Co-op I developed a survey for Indigenous Arts Festival at Fort York where I coordinated volunteers and at the end analysed collected survey data and presented findings about audience at Fort York.I also developed proposals for public events and programs (Remembrance Day, Great War, Indigenous Arts Festival, etc.).

During my Co-op I learned a lot about Canadian work culture and working environment in Toronto.

Iva

No comments:

Post a Comment